Friends of Māpua Waterfront is an informal group who have been associated with the Waterfront Park, Mapua Wharf and have shared and common views on Council’s management responsibilities to coastal cultural assets and amenities within the Mapua Community. The group includes John Fountain, David Mitchell, Jane Smith and Graeme Stradling.
- Incorporation will mean that our association can apply for community project funding from agencies such as RATA foundation and increase the likelihood of outside funding of projects and developments.
- It will allow us to have a seat on Tasman District Council’s Working Group that will be advising and helping to make the Council’s Masterplan for the Wharf, Waterfront and Grossi Point a success.(You can download the Council’s Masterplan here)
- The Association will keep it’s members up to date with developments and proposals before they get locked in.
- It will be another way to support our democratic system. Your view and support for the recommendations of the Masterplan and your input will help the process and help keep our Council focused on putting things right.
2. Consider the constitution and rules and, if agreed, adopt the constitution and rules
3. Resolve to apply for registration of the society as an incorporated society
4. Elect a chairperson, secretary and treasurer
5. Elect interim three further members to the committee
2018, giving an opportunity to change the membership of the committee).